What is New Earth about?
When the eruption of Fagradalsfjall started on March 19th 2021, I was there with my camera to experience and capture this volcanic event from a front row seat. It was the beginning of a genuine photographic journey which exceeded all my expectations. In this book, I share my collection of images taken from day one until the very last day of the eruption. The photographs are strengthened by sharing my story my experiences whilst photographing the eruption.
The book combines my photography of the eruption with interesting stories on how those photographs came to be. I also share how this volcanic event left a big impact on me personally and how my experience started evolving together with the eruption.
What people are saying
“This has to be the ‘go to’ book on a crazy last 9 months in an even crazier country. The photography is incredible but the words that go with it is where Jeroen has taken it to the next level.” – Jacob
“It is excellent how it captures the feelings, moments and thoughts that also I had during the time at the volcano.” – Glacionaut
“I kept saying “wow” throughout! A fantastic book for anyone who visited Geldingadalir, wanted to but couldn’t, or anyone with a passion for volcanoes who’d appreciate witnessing the story of this incredible eruption. Magical!” – Lesley
“Highly recommended from someone who has had the chance to experience over 15 volcano eruptions and owns 45 books about volcanoes, so I can safely say that I can distinguish the wheat from the chaff.” – John
- Sewn hard cover book, with a square spine, sized at 240 x 170mm in landscape format
- 142 pages (with ends included)
- Photographs finished with spot varnish.
- Contents printed on 170g silk paper.
- Front- & back cover consists of 2,4mm boards with printed coated paper. Finished matt lamination & UV relief gloss varnish.
- ISBN: 978-9935-25-034-6
- Released on December 18th 2021.
Read a Sample
Click here to read a sample from New Earth – A Photographic Journey of the Geldingadalir Eruption.
Also for sale at…
- Worldwide shipping is available on all orders.
- All prints include free shipping!
- Shipping is calculated during checkout.
More information can be found on the frequently asked questions page.