What is New Earth about?
When the Geldingadalir eruption of Fagradalsfjall started on March 19th 2021, Jeroen was there with his camera to experience and capture this volcanic event from a front row seat. It was the beginning of a genuine photographic journey which exceeded all his expectations. In this book, Jeroen shares his collection of images taken from day one until the very last day of the eruption. The photographs are strengthened by sharing his story about his experiences whilst photographing the eruption.
The book combines Jeroen’s photography of the eruption with interesting stories on how those photographs came to be. He also shares how this volcanic event left a big impact on him personally and how his experience started evolving together with the eruption.
Read a Sample
Click here to read a sample from New Earth – A Photographic Journey of the Geldingadalir Eruption.
- Sewn hard cover book, with a square spine, sized at 240 x 170mm in landscape format
- 142 pages (with ends included)
- Photographs finished with spot varnish.
- Contents printed on 170g silk paper.
- Front- & back cover consists of 2,4mm boards with printed coated paper. Finished matt lamination & UV relief gloss varnish.
- ISBN: 978-9935-25-034-6
- Released on December 10th 2021.
- Worldwide shipping is available on all orders.
- Shipping is calculated during checkout.