Level up your skills with the most comprehensive & complete guide for drone photography! Click here for more info.
What Photography Gear Does Jeroen Use?
Last updated: January 31st 2024
On this page you can find a complete list of all of the photography gear that Jeroen uses when taking photographs & producing videos. This photography gear list serves as a useful resource for those who wish to know what kit he uses.
Disclaimer: when you make a purchase using the links in this gear list, Jeroen may earn a small commission.
Photography & Videography Gear
Below you can find a list of the camera equipment Jeroen uses on his photography endeavours.
- DJI Mavic 3 Pro (https://geni.us/jvn-mavic3pro)
This very capable drone was the obvious next step after flying a DJI Air 2S and a DJI Mavic 2 Pro. The latter even partially melted flying too close to a volcano. Jeroen really enjoys the extended battery life and excellent image quality. Jeroen wrote a review about this drone after extensively using it for 6 months.
- Canon EOS R5 (https://geni.us/jvn-eosr5)
Jeroen uses a Canon EOS R5 as his main stills and video camera. While he loved using his R6, the increased image resolution comes in handy for wildlife photography and printing larger formats. It’s currently one of the best cameras on the market.
- Canon EOS R6 (https://geni.us/jvn-eosr6)
Jeroen uses a Canon EOS R6 as his backup stills and video camera. He especially enjoys using this camera and find it has no shortcomings for what he is using it for. To him its greatest advantages are the form factor, weight, terrific autofocus system and excellent image quality.
- Canon RF 14-35mm f/4 IS USM L (https://geni.us/jvn-rf-14-35mm)
This small, light-weight, ultra-wide angle lens is one of the best additions to his gear after he changed from his 16-35mm EF lens. The fact that it’s a stabilised lens is a welcome feature in addition to the sharpness. He also wrote a short review on this lens.
- Canon RF 24-105mm f/4 IS USM L (https://geni.us/jvn-rf-24-105mm)
This light-weight allround lens is one of the latest additions to Jeroen’s gear. The fact that it’s a stabilised lens is a welcome feature in addition to the sharpness.
- Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM (https://geni.us/jvn-rf-100-500mm)
Jeroen has always enjoyed using big telephoto lenses and this 100-500mm lens was the obvious lens to get after he switched to the EOS R system. The stabilisation together with the brilliant sharpness makes this a dream lens to own for all wildlife + landscape photographers.
- Kase Revolution Circular Magnetic Filters (https://geni.us/jvn-revolutionfilters)
Jeroen rarely uses filters but when he does, he wants them to be as small and compact as possible. These magnetic filters have zero color casting and have a super handy magnetic system. This means there’s no more need to screw on filters. He wrote a short review on these filters.
- f-stop Ajna DuraDiamond photography backpack (https://geni.us/jvn-fstopajna)
Living in Iceland means you need to be prepared for all kinds of weather conditions. Protecting his gear is therefore a vital part of Jeroen’s photography. To carry his camera equipment, Jeroen has been using f-stop bags for a long time. On a daily basis, he uses the f-stop Ajna DuraDiamond photography backpack. For longer journeys, he uses the larger 50 litre version which is called Tilopa.
- f-stop Drone Case (Large) (https://geni.us/jvn-largedronecase)
Jeroen’s drone equipment is all tucked away in a separate drone case, which fits nicely inside his photo backpack. The idea behind that is to be able to easily take out the drone when it is not needed (or take only the drone). If you want to read more about how Jeroen organises his drone photography equipment, you can do so on his blog.
Vlogging & Social Media Gear
Below you can find a list of the equipment Jeroen uses to create most of his vlogging content and social media stories.
- DJI Pocket 3 (https://geni.us/jvn-pocket3)
For lengthy vlogs, Jeroen uses the DJI Pocket 3. The small footprint, lightweight, ease of use and great image quality make this a perfect vlogging companion device to take on trips where weight is of the essence.
- DJI Mic 2 (https://geni.us/jvn-djimic2)
To make his YouTube videos Jeroen decided to go for an easy to use, no nonsense, wireless microphone kit. He looked into many different models and the DJI Mic 2 stuck with him.
- Apple iPhone 15 Pro (https://geni.us/jvn-iphone15pro)
Using the iPhone 15 Pro, Jeroen creates most of the content which you will see on his Instagram stories and other social media.
Below you can find a list of the most important outdoor gear Jeroen uses.
- The Heat Company Durable Liner Pro (https://geni.us/jvn-durablelinerpro)
During winter, Jeroen uses a combination of two types of gloves to keep warm. These liners are used as the base layer as they give you enough flexibility to use all of your fingers to control your camera gear and/or drone. If you complement these together with the hand warmers which fit neatly in a dedicated pocket, you’ll never get cold hands. You can find a more detailed review on my blog.
- The Heat Company Shell Full Leather (https://geni.us/jvn-shellfullleather)
During winter, Jeroen uses a combination of two types of gloves to keep warm. These mittens are the outer layer, which shield perfectly when tactility isn’t important. These are mostly used in extreme scenarios such as when Jeroen travels to Greenland in winter. In extreme cold you can even complement these together with the hand warmers which fit neatly in a dedicated pocket. You can find a more detailed review on my blog.
- The Heat Company Heat 2 Softshell (https://geni.us/jvn-heat2softshell)
In summer, when the temperatures aren’t as cold, Jeroen uses these soft-shell gloves to keep warm when the temperature are low. These especially help when flying his drone in heavy and cold wind as you often experience in Iceland. Being able to free up the finger tips helps a lot to retain tactility. If you complement these together with the hand warmers which fit neatly in a dedicated pocket, you’ll never get cold hands.
Below you can find a list of the other equipment Jeroen uses on his photography endeavours.
- Canon RF 2x teleconverter (https://geni.us/jvn-rf2xconverter)
- Peak Design Capture Clip (https://geni.us/jvn-pdcapture)
- Peak Design Leash camera strap (https://geni.us/jvn-pdleash)
- Peak Design Anchors Links (https://geni.us/jvn-pdanchorlinks)
- Leofoto LS-284CEX tripod (https://geni.us/jvn-leofototripod)
- Acratech Long Lens Head (https://geni.us/jvn-longlenshead)
- Rode VideoMicro (https://geni.us/jvn-videomicro)
- Zoom F3 Field Recorder (https://geni.us/jvn-zoomf3)
- Samsung T7 portable backup hard drive (https://geni.us/jvn-samsungt7)
- Apple MacBook Air M2 (https://geni.us/jvn-macbookairm2)
- Anker USB-C 120W charger (https://geni.us/jvn-anker120w)
- Ecoflow River Pro power station
- Garmin inReach Mini 2 GPS Communicator (https://geni.us/jvn-inreachmini2)
Previously Owned Gear
Jeroen has owned and used a lot of different gear throughout the years.
- DJI Mavic
- DJI Mavic 2 Pro (https://geni.us/jvn-mavic2pro)
- DJI Air 2S (https://geni.us/jvn-air2s)
- DJI Mavic 3 Classic (https://geni.us/jvn-djimavic3classic)
- DJI Air 3 (https://geni.us/jvn-air3)
- Canon AV-1 (analog)
- Canon EOS 550D
- Canon 6D
- Canon 5D Mark IV
- Canon EOS R
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III
- Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 STM
- Canon EF 24-105mm F/4L IS USM
- Tamron 70-300mm SP F/4.0-5.6 Di VC USD
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 Aspherical IF ED UMC Canon
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM II
- Canon 1.4X Extender III