Level up your skills with the most comprehensive & complete guide for drone photography! Click here for more info.
Icelandic Highlands 2024 (with Mads Peter Iversen) Photo Workshop
02/08/2024 – 10/08/2024 | 8 nights | €8250 per person | 4 out 8 spots available | Any experience level
Join Mads Peter Iversen & Jeroen Van Nieuwenhove on a trip of a lifetime to the unspoilt highlands of Iceland! The desolate Icelandic highlands is an otherworldly area, which is challenging to traverse. We will be photographing vast black sand deserts, lush green mountains, crater lakes and much more. Many of these locations are perfect for aerial photographs so we will focus a lot on drone photography. The Central Highlands is the pinnacle of Icelandic landscape photography.
Limited to just 8 spots (with 2 workshop leaders)
Accommodation in single rooms included (8 nights)
Travel around in a modified Mercedes Sprinter with snorkel and 35 inch tires
Adventurous trip which includes river crossings
Meet on August 2nd at the hotel and fly home on August 10th
Want to read how the 2023 edition of this workshop went? Check out the Highlands of Iceland 2023 photo workshop report!
Day 1 (02/08/2024) – Arrival in Reykjavík
The workshop begins when we meet at the hotel on the evening of the 2nd. To break the ice, we will go out for a welcome dinner so we can get to know each other a bit better.
Day 2-7 (03-08/08/2024) – Exploring the Icelandic Highlands
We will set out to explore the lesser frequented areas of the Icelandic interior highlands from two hotels. Amongst other locations, we will photograph a geothermal mountain range, incredible river patterns, black sand deserts, lush green mountains, big crater lakes and much more. Locations will be chosen based on weather and road conditions. By using only two bases of operation, we allow ourselves a lot of flexibility in the itinerary to get the most out of the trip.
Day 8 (09/08/23) – Return to Reykjavík
On this final day, we will make our way back to Reykjavík. In the evening, we will have a tasty goodbye dinner before we part ways.
- 8 nights accommodation in single rooms
- Breakfast (day 2-9)
- Welcome dinner on the first night (August 2nd)
- Goodbye dinner on the last night (August 9th)
- Transportation to locations (based on conditions) in a modified 35 inch 4×4 Mercedes Sprinter (with snorkel)
- Professional photographic tuition and guidance from Mads and Jeroen
What’s Not Included?
- Flights to/from Iceland
- Transportation between Keflavík International Airport & Reykjavík
- Lunch & dinner (unless otherwise specified)
- Drinks & alcohol
- Travel & personal insurance
- Any other services & goods not mentioned in “What’s Included”
What to Bring?
- A DSLR or mirrorless camera
- A drone with several spare batteries (we will visit many great drone locations so we highly recommend bringing one)
- Lenses that cover the 16- 200mm range (14-400m is even better)
- Laptop or tablet with editing software if you want to edit your photos on the go. In case we’re unable to fill out the time in the field, we’ll do some editing at our accommodation.
- A variety of different layers (The weather in Iceland changes a lot)
- Good waterproof boots
- A hat and thin summer gloves
- Warm clothes and wool underwear
- Wind/rain shell jacket and pants
It’s important to note that there will be some hiking on this trip. Some hikes can be up to 5km (both ways) with elevation gains. The trails can be uneven and slippery. For this reason those with medical issues that prohibit longer hikes, might have a difficult time with this workshop.
We welcome all experience levels, going from beginners to experienced photographers. A good mix of experience levels means we can also learn from each other.