Click here & sign up to the newsletter to get a 10% discount on your next purchase in the online shop.
Highlands of Iceland 2023 (with Mads Peter Iversen)
31/07/23 – 07/08/2023 | 8 nights | €7245 per person | SOLD OUT | Any experience level
Join Mads Peter Iversen & Jeroen Van Nieuwenhove on a trip of a lifetime to the unspoilt highlands of Iceland! The desolate Icelandic highlands is an otherworldly area, which is challenging to traverse. We will be photographing vast black sand deserts, lush green mountains, crater lakes and much more. Many of these locations are perfect for aerial photographs so we will focus a lot on drone photography. The Central Highlands is the pinnacle of Icelandic landscape photography.
Limited to just 6 spots (with 2 workshop leaders)
Accommodation in single rooms included (8 nights)
Travel around in luxury 4×4 Toyota Land Cruisers
Adventurous trip which includes river crossings
Meet on July 31st at the hotel and fly home on August 8th
Day 1 (31/07/23) – Arrival in Reykjavík
The workshop begins when we meet at the hotel on the evening of the 31st. To break the ice, we will go out for a welcome dinner so we can get to know each other a bit better.
Day 2-7 (01-06/08/23) – Exploring the Icelandic Highlands
We will set out to explore the lesser frequented areas of the Icelandic interior highlands from two hotels. Amongst other locations, we will photograph a geothermal mountain range, incredible river patterns, black sand deserts, lush green mountains, big crater lakes and much more. Locations will be chosen based on weather and road conditions. By using only two bases of operation, we allow ourselves a lot of flexibility in the itinerary to get the most out of the trip.
Day 8 (07/08/23) – Return to Reykjavík
On this final day, we will make our way back to Reykjavík via a lesser travelled mountain road. In the evening, we will have a tasty goodbye dinner before we part ways.
- 8 nights accommodation in single rooms
- Breakfast (day 2-9)
- Welcome dinner on the first night (July 31th)
- Goodbye dinner on the last night (August 7th)
- Transportation to locations (based on conditions) in 4×4 Toyota Land Cruisers or similar (3 participants per vehicle)
- Professional photographic tuition and guidance from Mads and Jeroen
What’s Not Included?
- Flights to/from Iceland
- Transportation between Keflavík International Airport & Reykjavík
- Lunch & dinner (unless otherwise specified)
- Drinks & alcohol
- Travel & personal insurance
- Any other services & goods not mentioned in “What’s Included”
What to Bring?
- A DSLR or mirrorless camera
- A drone with several spare batteries (we will visit a lot of great drone locations)
- A zoom lens in the 70-200mm range or more
- A mid-range zoom in the 24-70mm range
- Laptop or tablet with editing software if you want to edit your photos on the go. In case we’re unable to fill out the time in the field, we’ll do some editing at our accommodation.
- A variety of different layers (The weather in Iceland changes a lot)
- Good waterproof boots
- A hat and thin summer gloves
- Warm clothes and wool underwear
- Wind/rain shell jacket and pants
It’s important to note that there will be some hiking on this trip. Some hikes can be up to 5km (both ways) with elevation gains. The trails can be uneven and slippery. For this reason those with medical issues that prohibit longer hikes, might have a difficult time with this workshop.
We welcome all experience levels, going from beginners to experienced photographers. A good mix of experience levels means we can also learn from each other.